Thursday, January 20, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

A few nights ago I made a chicken and dumplings recipe. It was soooo very yummy. For some reason I did not take any pictures of it. Let me tell you though....THIS IS ONE YOU SHOULD TRY!!

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

Directions

  1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
  2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

NOTE:

I like the chicken torn up in my chicken and dumplings, so about an hour before I served it, I cut the chicken up (while in the crock pot)

I did not use 1 full onion. I just used one slice, then chopped up the slice. It wasn't enough to even add to the recipe I don't think. I don't like onion in certain things.

I like my chicken and dumplings a little thicker than watery. I saw that there was a ton of liquid towards the middle of cooking time, so I poured a little flour in it. This probably did not have to be done since when it was time to serve it had thinkened up quite a bit. Next time, I won't add flour or maybe not as much.

No comments: