Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kayla's First Crock

It was my first time using a Crockpot and I decided to cook shredded buffalo chicken. It was a great turn out and I will definitely cook it again and again. I found the recipe from:































The recipe from the website calls for:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
2 tablespoons butter
6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise

How I tweaked it:
2 frozen chicken breast halves and 4 frozen chicken tenders
1/2 bottle of buffalo wing sauce
1/2 package dry ranch
2/3(ish) cup warm water
Butter
Whole wheat potato rolls

Directions:
1.     Spray crock pot
2.     Put in chicken, buffalo sauce, dry ranch, water, and butter
3.     Cook on low for 6-8 hours (I did a full 8 hours)
4.     After about 7 hours, use fork to shred apart chicken then let cook for another 30 minutes-1 hour
5.     Put chicken on rolls and drizzle ranch on top

Note:
I added too much water and it came out soupy. I would probably only use ¼ cup of water next time. However, the chicken came out very tender and juicy and was incredibly delicious!

I took a picture of the final product still in the Crockpot. The picture of the sandwich was from the same website and looked most similar to my ending product.

Verdict: A+

-Kayla

No comments: